Saturday 16 February 2013

Holiday post no.2

We have arrived! I just realised I haven't actually stated where I actually am on holiday; I am in Val-d'Isere, a french ski resort high up in the Alps. We are staying in my uncles flat that he owns here, which saves quite a bit of money on the costs of the holiday.
In the end, the coach journey wasn't so bad as I thought it would be, even though I didn't manage to sleep that much on the coach during the night. Coincidentally, it is now 11 minutes past 9 in the morning! I am now relaxing in the flat for a short while before we go out to hire ski equipment and buy ourselves some breakfast. It's been such a long time since we last went skiing here, but somehow, the area is engraved in my memory it seems, which I guess is a good thing.

The view from our apartment
A picture taken on the journey up the mountains
Another picture taken on the journey up the mountains

Just went out shopping for food, it's so bright out there now that the sun is out! Also food is so expensive here it seems, but that may be an early judgement. We are soon going to go out and collect equipment such as skis and other essentials then maybe do a bit of skiing near the end of the day hopefully!

An ice sculpture I saw in the town centre!
Spent around 2 or so hours skiing today, admittedly was only on the beginner slopes, as we didn't have a ski pass yet. It was great to be back on the slopes since so long ago (maybe 2-3 years was the last time  I went skiing). After this, we went exploring the town, looking around and shopping for food for supper.
Tomorrow, we will be starting on the harder slopes which will be great, mainly because there won't be so much waiting around on the chairlifts, which proved to get quite cold at times. So over all, a good day, but I expect the holiday will only get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment