Sunday 27 January 2013

Boredom writing

I am currently broken down on a motorway somewhere, I have no clue where as I've been sleeping for most of the journey.
I'm heading back to my hometown from Worthing, a seaside town. I was down there with my parents visiting family members for birthdays as said birthdays were all at a similar time. It was my grandmother's 85th birthday, my and my cousin's 14th and my other cousins...I don't know to be honest, they are younger than 7 though, I know that. It was rather a boring afternoon, one of those events you really don't want to go to, but have to out of fairness and respect.
We arrived early, which for anyone in our family is quite impressive! The other arrivals then slowly trickled in and by about 4 (we arrived at 2.30 ish) the party was complete. It was really just a small, afternoon meetup, with crisps, sandwiches and such snacks to eat. Hence, you can probably see the boredom of the event that I mentioned above.

Anyway, that's pretty much the reason I'm writing this post right now, to pass the time. I do want to write, It's not that I don't enjoy it, It's very enjoyable, but I've just been rather lazy recently. That, and the fact that I've been quite busy in the evenings (the time I usually write my posts) chatting to friends over Skype.
It's quite sad really, spending so much time doing that, but the people I've been talking to are some of the best friends I have at the moment, so I figure It's not so bad!

Also, on a side note, I missed a picture from my last post, as a friend of mine sent the picture from the evening to me after I wrote it, so I just went ahead and published it. The picture is not especially of high quality, but it was dark and cold, so a good picture isn't to be expected.
The picture is of one of the massive snowballs we pushed into the river. Looking back at it, It's pretty impressive that we managed it!

The snowball itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment