Saturday 1 December 2012

Shoutout!

To start the post completely off topic, today was a good day. I expected it to be quite boring, as the plans I had were cancelled, so I expected that i'd just spend the day lounging around at home, not doing much productive things at all. As I had a cold, I decided not to attend my judo club as I currently have an irritating sore throat and cold (I felt that it would be selfish to go and have the possibility of passing my illness on). So that gave me a lie in, which was nice, as I get up at 9 for this, which, in addition with a weeks worth of getting up at 7 o'clock, isn't that nice. But yeah, I had a good lie in and got up around 11-12 ish. The day from there onward went as I expected it to; relaxing, attempting to work, mostly failing. I still got some work done though (and have sunday to complete work too) so i'm not really bothered about that.
I organized to meet a friend in town, but it turned out there were two other people I know with her, and that was a nice way to get me out of the house, as i'd spent up until around 4 o'clock alone. So that was a nice way to spend a couple of hours, despite the freezing weather outside! As it turned out, that very friend who I had plans with for that day, turned out to be in town! Albeit for half an hour, but still, some time is better than none, and it also made me feel like I had accomplished something due to my previous plans, which is a nice feeling.

Anyway, to return to the topic in hand, I promised a  friend of mine that i'd do a shoutout in one of my posts, so i felt that i'd get it done and dusted. Now, before any of you get any ideas to finding out who this person is, your efforts will most likely be in vain, as you will probably only be able to know who I am talking about from the name I give them, and the picture I will include.
This person shall be named "L"
I actually have no idea what I will write about them, but I think i'm going to start by doing a brief description of how I got to know them.
As it turns out, they hung out with a group friends that I used to often see on saturdays last year, somehow I never saw them, possibly cause I didn't ever talk to them and didn't remember them. To continue the story, I met another person from that group in town and "L" was with her. "L" said that she had heard a lot about me from others, and therefore connected the name with the face! I also got to know that other friend too, as in all the time I spent with the group, I never really got to know them well, and this meeting changed it all!
As time went by, I got to know both "L" and the other friend quite a lot. I met them fairly often, and more than often, they would be together so i'd kill two birds with one stone. Well, that is the story of how I got to know "L", and give some information to my readers, this was around 9 months ago, so I can say that i've got to know them quite a bit by now!
I am very glad of this chance meeting, "L" has turned out to be one of my best friends, in this year, which has rather narrowed down the amount of friends I have, mostly now comprising of the best friends, new and old.
As time developed, I gained a fairly strong crush on "L", which passed in a couple of weeks, but still I feel that it was more significant than many others I have had in my teenage years so far. but that was a fair few months back, so it isn't really that significant now but still, I felt like mentioning it...just because.
"L" is a rather detached friend  from the network of friends I have now; quite a few of them know her or of her, but not that many either know her well, or are good friends. In this sense, I feel fairly grateful to be one of the people that "L" has made the effort with! They are a fairly special friend to me for reasons stated below:

I find them quite funny, and are a good laugh to hang out with

I get a sense that they are happy to put effort into your friendship, and are proactive about that

I find "L" different; there are many people in this world that are quite plain and average, which I don't have a problem with, but just makes the different ones more appealing

I think "L" has an interesting taste in music and are a musician (play guitar), which if you know me, counts for a lot in people

This isn't really a reason for my friendship but oh well; "L" is quite attractive and always has been for all the time i've known them

They seem to lead an interesting life, having a fairly varied group of pastimes

They are interested in body modifications such as piercings and tattoos

They can be depended upon in times of need, and are very trustworthy, which is one of the most important aspects of a friendship

I'm going to wrap this post up here, as its gone on fairly long as it is, but before I finish, i'm going to add some news about "L". They recently turned 18 a couple of weeks ago and got their first tattoo, which I have to say, I find quite impressive for a first!

For those that reviewed this at a later date, I removed the picture of their tattoo at a later date, after they asked me to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment