Tuesday 25 December 2012

Busy busy busy!

It's been a busy last couple of days for me. I meant to write a post on Monday, but didn't really get round to it so I'm writing it now before I go to bed.
It's been a festive weekend for me, first on Saturday we had an early Christmas with some members of my mother's side of the family that couldn't make it today. We first went to my grandma's house to have a drink, then went out for a pub lunch. After this, we all headed back to our house for an afternoon snack and cup of tea. This was a very enjoyable day, it was good to catch up with my cousins after not seeing them for a fair while. It really did tire me out however, as I subsequently spent about five or so hours after this sleeping!
The next day was in a similar vein to that day:
We drove to Worthing to see my dad's side of the family. When we arrived, my parents dropped me off at my cousins house while they went shopping. We Hung around there chatting and showing our guitars to each other as since we last met, we've both brought a new guitar. That was good fun. After a little while, we all went to my uncles house nearby and had drinks and snacks to eat. Once everyone had turned up there, a couple of hours later we started on the big quiz. It consisted of various different rounds, concerning subjects such as music, films...the usual. I found it fairly tricky, as most of the questions were to do with things that are way before my time, and even the things that are I didn't really get as I don't watch films much and I'm not especially into pop music! This was all good fun however. One of the rounds was great; it was a guess the film round, with a twist. The two children of my uncle (about 3-4 years old) had been filmed acting out various different moments in films, and we were supposed to figure out what film it was they were acting out a clip of. The acting was good, and the fact they had the confidence to do it was amazing, but everyone found it hillarious, as many of the scenes contained use of language that would not be at all expected of people their age, for instance: use of a cockney accent and saying the words "I'll knock the chimes out of you in a minute!". It was so funny.
Anyway, about half way through the quiz, we stopped and ordered a curry, sticking with the usual family Christmas traditions. After we'd had our meal, we opened the presents then finished the quiz. It was quite late by now. We next moved on to pudding, which by then I think everyone was getting rather tired and wanting to start off home. So after this, we hung about for a little longer then everyone left at around 12 or so. We said our goodbyes and started for home. We arrived back at about 1 in the morning, and by then, I had woken up again which was unhelpful! I eventually managed to get to sleep around 3 o'clock.

Well that's all I really have to say about the weekend, a good weekend of festive drinking with the family! And later today, we're going to roughly repeat what we did for the whole weekend!
Tiring eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment